Skip to content
Monitoring & Logging
- Metric namespace, collection of metric
- Service resource metric available under service
- Regional service
- Metric = Namespace + Dimension + Metadata
- Alarm states: firing, reset, suspended
- Alarm query must-have metric, statistics, interval, and trigger rule
- Service Connector hub allows logging data to other services like archiving log data to Object Storage :
- Source: logging/streaming
- Destination: functions, analytics, monitoring, notification
Logging Best Practice
- Store data in the active storage for analysis and display.
- Purge Logs to optimize active storage (on-demand or create a purge policy).
- Archive Logs to optimize active storage
- To enable archiving, specify data size of active storage as 1 TB (minimum).
- Minimum active storage duration for logs to be archived: 30 days.
- Archive data permanently remains in the archive storage (if enabled).
- Archived data is removed after 60 days for terminated accounts.
- Recall archived logs: Required to recall and analyze archived data.